Roscommon County Council will create a new Artist Panel for 2020-2021. Artists and practitioners wishing to work in Arts Participation contexts including Arts & Education, Arts & Health, Arts & Disability, Arts & Older People, Arts & Cultural Diversity, Arts & Communities, across all art-forms, are invited to apply. There will be two categories – Experienced Artists and Emerging Artists. All artists on the panel will be contacted by Roscommon County Council to submit proposals for arts participation programmes as they arise during 2020-2021.
Arts participation is a core value across all areas of the work of Roscommon County Council Arts Office and Roscommon Arts Centre, aligning with The Arts Council of Ireland’s understanding of arts participation ‘to include a broad range of practice where individuals or groups collaborate with skilled artists to make or interpret art. The practice involves a mutually beneficial two-way engagement that nurtures and values the different ideas, experiences and skills of all involved.’ See http://www.artscouncil.ie/Arts-in-Ireland/Arts-participation/Overview
- Experienced artists must have a track record of a minimum of three years professional practice in any art form in Arts Participation.
- Emerging artists must demonstrate an interest in Arts Participation. Some evidence of engagement to date is desirable but not essential.
- Emerging artists must be willing to work alongside an experienced artist for a period of time.
- Artists must demonstrate a commitment to Arts Participation and to enhancing the lives of participants through arts practice.
- Artists must be willing to keep informed about current practice and to work in partnership with health practitioners, educators and community leaders.
- Artists should demonstrate that they combine a sense of fun, joy and collaboration with professional dedication and high artistic vision.
- Artists must live within reasonable commuting distance of County Roscommon.
- It is essential that successful applicants undertake child protection/vulnerable adult training and undergo Garda vetting by Roscommon County Council before taking up project placements.
In addition to opportunities to work on Arts Participation projects, artists on the panel will also be informed of training and other artist supports and opportunities offered by Roscommon Council, Roscommon Arts Centre and other national programmes.
How to Apply
Expressions of interest should be emailed to Roscommon County Council Arts Office in the form of a short letter of max 600 words, accompanied by a short bio with links to images or samples of relevant work. The letter should set out:
- A brief description of your training and practice.
- Why you might wish to work in Arts Participation, with reference to previous similar work if applicable.
Successful artists will be expected to attend networking and training events in early Autumn 2020.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Expressions of Interest must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th August 2020 with the subject ‘Roscommon Artist Panel – Arts Participation’