A show of all seasons
Splashing in puddles, wind whipping your hair, crunching frost under your feet, and rain dripping on your nose, now that’s a grand soft day. A playful show about always being prepared even though you do not know what the day will bring.
Commissioned by The Ark, Grand Soft Day is a predominantly non-verbal piece that combines physical storytelling, live music and colourful wellies, performed by Greg Hall, Helen Gregg, Jonathan Gunning and Linda Scaramella. It is an international co-production from the award winning teams of Branar (Ireland) and New International Encounter (UK/Norway). Grand Soft Day is a curious and charming new show for young children aged 2 – 6 years that celebrates the wonder of the world around us.
Designed for Children aged 2 -6 years. Duration: Approx. 45 mins
Predominantly non-verbal with some English and Irish.
Supported by the Arts Council of Ireland, Arts Council England and Foras na Gaeilge.
- Directed by Alex Byrne & Marc Mac Lochlainn
- Set Design by Orla Clogher
- Costume Design by Elaine Mears
- Lighting Design by Trui Malten
- Music Composed by Greg Hall
- Performed by Greg Hall, Helen Gregg, Jonathan Gunning & Linda Scaramella
- Produced by Joanne Beirne & Cat Moore
- Commissioned by The Ark