Submission deadline: 5pm Friday 28th February 2020
Duration of Contract: March 2020 – December 2021
Contract Fee: €24,000
Roscommon Arts Centre is a multi-disciplinary arts venue in Roscommon town. Funded by Roscommon County Council and The Arts Council, the centre has recently re-opened after a major re-development which has included the addition of a new purpose built, ground floor gallery space, two new artist studios and a workshop space.
Roscommon Arts Centre is seeking a Service Provider qualified to develop and deliver the visual art programme for the centre for 2020-2021. Services required include the curation of the 2021 exhibition programme & the remainder of the 2020 programme; developing the associated education programme and a new public engagement strand within the allocated budget.
The Service Provider should be able to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of contemporary visual art practices nationally and internationally; possess a third level or similar qualification and/or a minimum of 3 years experience working in a relevant field.
- A related third level qualification OR qualified by experience with at least 3 years’ relevant experience working in a relevant field
- Experience of working in the cultural sector and specifically in the area of visual arts programming
- A knowledge of how to develop and deliver public engagement, participatory, and learning programmes
- Experience of working with artists at all stages of their careers and turning ideas into innovative and ambitious programmes
- Experience collaborating with agencies and working with a wide range of people, including individuals and groups, young people, schools, local authority departments, and voluntary sector agencies
- Budget planning and management experience
- Recognised industry qualification and/or related third level qualification
- Experience of working in a multi artform venue or festival
- A track record in curating visual art events
Download Detailed Contract Description here: https://roscommonartscentre.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Contract-for-Visual-Art-Services-2020.pdf
Further Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is co-funded by Roscommon County Council & The Arts Council of Ireland