Access to Roscommon Arts Centre
Roscommon Arts Centre is a fully accessible venue.
Please tell us when booking if you have any special requirements and we will do our very best to facilitate you. Phone our Box Office on 0906 625824 or email email@example.com
Level Access: Roscommon Arts Centre is a level access building with no steps. There are two front doors by which to access the building – the main door is automatic and brings you directly to the box office, this is open during the centre’s opening hours.
The second door is located at the gallery/workshop side of the building, beside the disabled parking bays. This a manually operated door and will be open during all events at the centre. This is the access door to also use for the workshop space.
Lift: There is lift access to our workshop space – this is located directly inside the front door at the gallery/workshop entrance
Disabled Parking: There are two disabled parking bays located outside the gallery/workshop entrance
Wheelchairs: Wheelchair spaces for performances in the auditorium must be allocated at the time of booking. They are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Roscommon Arts Centre can accommodate up to 8 wheelchairs in the front row. Each wheelchair user is entitled to bring an attending carer/complimentary guest free of charge to a show. They will be accommodated where possible beside the person, when this is not possible due to limited availability, we will endeavour to accommodate the guest as close as possible to the wheelchair user. The number of wheelchair spaces available can vary depending on the technical specifications of each performance. Our wheelchair patrons are entitled to discounted concession priced tickets.
Wheelchair users do not need to book spaces for gallery openings as this space is located on the ground floor and fully accessible.
To ensure that the needs of disabled users can be met, please notify box office at time of booking for any workshops of your needs/requirements and we will endeavour to facilitate these.
Ticket Prices: Where there are two ticket prices for a show, the concession (lower price) is applicable to: students, seniors (over 65), the unwaged (in receipt of benefit) and those with restricted mobility.
Loop System: Roscommon Arts Centre has a Loop Induction System in our Main Auditorium.
Brail Signage: is provided throughout
Guide & Hearing Dogs: Guide & Hearing Dogs are welcome to attend performances with their users. Let us know when you are booking and we can give you an aisle seat with space for your dog.
Adapted Toilets: There are Adapted Toilets on both the Ground Floor and First Floor of the building.
Baby Changing: Roscommon Arts Centre has Baby Changing Facilities on the Ground Floor located in the adapted toilet
Chair Lift to Stage: There is a chair lift on the first floor adjacent to the workshop space to enable access to the artist studios
Health & Safety & Child Welfare: All incoming theatre companies receive a detailed contract outlining all aspects of their use of the building, including Roscommon Arts Centre’s Health & Safety Policy and our Child Welfare Policy.
- Roscommon Arts Centre is fully accessible, on ground level, making it easy to get around with a buggy.
- There is lift access to the First Floor, and baby changing facilities on the Ground Floor.
- Whenever possible we will offer a family ticket price to performances and almost every performance will have a concession price for children and young people under 18 and students.
- There is no admission charge for the gallery.
- Children under 2 go free to performances, unless the performances are specifically aimed at their age range. Please check with Box Office at time of booking for clarification.
- For attendance at performances, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. While young people between the age of 12 and 18 years are welcome to attend performances unaccompanied, Roscommon Arts Centre cannot accept responsibility for their safety. Certain productions may also have age restrictions and recommendations, which will be clearly outlined and we would ask all patrons to respect these when booking.
- Roscommon Arts Centre has a Child Welfare Policy and Children’s Charter, copies of both are available at box office
- Roscommon Arts Centre ensures its family shows are programmed for appropriate age ranges and that the length of the show is appropriate to the specific age range
How can we help?
We are committed to constantly improving our services for all customers, and we want to ensure you enjoy your visit to Roscommon Arts Centre. Please don’t hesitate to contact us and give us your feedback so we can provide assistance when needed. Phone the Box Office on 0906 625824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Roscommon Arts Centre is supported by: